Saturday, October 18, 2008

Waiting... Trusting in Him


On one of the days I picked Josh up from school, I needed him to wait by the car before getting in because I needed to clear space in the car for him to hop into his seat. While, I prepped his path, he stood obediently by the car near the left rear tire. As I was in the car moving items to the trunk, I could clearly see a car quickly on it's way out of the school parking lot and would be driving right past us. I stuck my head out the car door and instructed Josh to stay right where he was and to not take a single step forward because there was a car approaching and for his safety, he needed to heed my warning. His response was, "No there isn't. Mom, there isn't a car. I don't see a car. " Because of his height, his perspective was skewed and thus was unable to see the car at all. Our car had completely blocked his view of this vehicle. Moments after his comment, the car whizzed by. "Oh, there it is." He concluded.

I got out of the car and knelt down to talk to my son. I told him that he needed to believe me and trust me even when he can not see that anything is wrong. He needed to believe that what I was saying is true without questioning it for his sake. I told him that I loved him and that I would never instruct him to do anything that would bring him harm. In fact, my instructions are there to protect and to love him. We got in the car and the whole incident may have been more powerful to me than to my son... at least for now. I was struck by the parallel situation in my own life of waiting for a baby. I've been waiting for quite some time now for a little bundle of joy to come our way. We've prayed and so often, I believe that "this is the month", the perfect month... the right month. But God has answered clearly. It isn't right now. From my perspective, it seems like the perfect time to add to our family of three. There are days I wish I could see every perspective... that there would be a clear view of God's perfect Plan for me. And yet I know that this very process is here for me to grow in my faith in HIM. And it is during these times of waiting that I cling onto God' promises.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." Jeremiah 29:11-14

Thank you God for these trials. Thank you for the grace and mercy you pour upon me every day. I love you Lord.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Awww. Praying for you. He has the perfect time, the perfect answer, the perfect plan for your life. Even trials and hardship He uses to produce good. Through suffering you will draw closer and understand God more and in ways that a life without hardship could never produce.

Love this quote


God is the one who brought us where we are today. And the God who led us here is good, kind, and let’s not forget, purposeful. Everything he does in our lives, everywhere he leads us, is designed to fulfill his primary intention for us, which is to know him better. Contentment does not lie around the next corner. It is not waiting for us on the other side of today’s difficulty, nor is it lost with yesterday. Contentment is where God is, and God is with us today.

-Lydia Brownback, Contentment

He is with you today Lily. I love ya.