Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Children Are A Blessing from God...




Lately, I've been thinking about this verse and I thought how it doesn't end with "ONLY TO THE PARENTS WHO BORE THEM". I think for the longest time, I have been thinking this verse would apply to me just slightly since I had only one child. I wanted so badly to have more and to receive additional blessings from God. BUT, I realized that I am blessed EVERY time I am with other children besides my own. Are they not a blessing to me when I am in their presence? The blessing does not stop at the front door step of the house they were born into. I think of all the times Josh has made someone smile or laugh when he is out with other people. Derek and I are so blessed to have Josh. And often times we'll find other children bless us too.

Yesterday was such an occasion while Josh had a play date with Seth and Jude, Adelee and I had a tea party. She is too cute for words and OF COURSE... such a blessing. Adelee does this thing where she shrugs her shoulders and turns her head toward one shoulder and smiles at you. How can you not just melt? Here are some pictures of our tea party.

Bethany, thank you for letting me play with Adelee. Your children are a blessing to us. Indeed, we were blessed!


3 comments:

Bethany said...

These are so sweet Lily!!! I love how you love and care for my Adelee. You are the best!!!

Libby said...

So sweet! I love your thoughts Lily and totally agree! Children are most definitely a blessing to everyone who interacts with them. I'm thinking all the moms will want to send their kids over to your house now. :) I can hangout any time - especially when a tea party is involved!

Bethany said...

Your neglecting your pretty little blog. HEE HEE.