Monday, November 10, 2008

Going for the ride...


Many of you know Brownby is Josh's favorite bear. He has been such a blessing to Josh. At times I think I have my own little Calvin and Hobbes... except I have Josh and Brownby. He is so much a part of our lives that we've been taking pictures of him too. : ) Here is a recent favorite.

Josh, you have a bear collection full of personality. At first Green bear was your favorite. And clearly she was the mommy of your clan of bears. Big Brown Bear was the daddy bear and little brown bear now Brownby was the baby. You have toted Brownby EVERYWHERE. He has sat with us for many meals. He has been buckled in with you in your car seat for adventurous trips. He has stowed away in my purse for many journeys from the grocery store to longer trips and even sleep overs. I think it's sweet how you include him in so many of our daily activities. When I offer you a snack, you gratefully accept and inform me that Brownby is just as hungry. You have held him tightly when you were upset. And have swung him, thrown him, paraded him and flown him all around the house. It's great to see how God provides, even in really small packages.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey Jude and Seth even talk about his little bear. HEE HEE. So cute

Courtney said...

That is so cute. Oh! I completely forgot about the picture Josh wanted of Brownby way back when I took your member pictures. Sorry it's so late :) And I promise I'll bring "Running Scared" This Sunday to church. http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb202/caboomsma/Misc/?action=view&current=church073.jpg

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures and commentary! What a wonderful way to record for posterity your loving thoughts and memories. Thanks so much for sharing with family and friends. It's so precious, and something to cherish. Joshua will come to appreciate it all the more when he is an adult, and realizes how fortunate he is to have such a loving Mom and Dad.